Friday, August 14, 2026

Araneus diadematus (cross pider)

During my flu, I've simply been observing the beauty of the light filtering through the crown of the tree in the backyard. The light-green leaves, overlapped by darker ones, gently shielded my sensitive eyes.

I recently discovered a baby cross spider inside my window. They built their web between my window and the indoor plant beneath it. It wasn't easy to photograph the spider behind the plant without disturbing their peace.

So here, perhaps not the greatest nature photo, but a portrait of this spider with the equipment I had available. Some test shots to adjust the settings: one of a crystal, another of a plant, and for spider enthusiasts: one focusing on their abdomen.

Made with a Canon 550D, using my fixed 50mm lens paired with the 18-55mm lens reversed (mounted backwards as a magnifying extension tube). Try it if you can, and enjoy the beauty of the microworld around you.

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.